Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dawn on My Toes

My first pair of handspun socks! :)



Pattern: Plain ol' sock pattern. Crochet cast-on, short-row toes, short-row heels, decreas bind off in 1x1 rib.

Yarn: My handspun, 388 yds. of two-ply fingering weight in merino, Moonlight Baker's Hungry for Handspun in "Morning Sky" colorway.

Needles: US 1 1/2 Addi Turbo Lace 40" circular needle
These were a lot of fun to do. I love how squooshy they feel on the inside. I swear they feel even more magical than ones that I make from store-bought yarn. ;)

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I hope that y'all had a nice time and didn't have too much traffic to sit in on your way there or back. This is such a nice time of year, I hope that everyone is able to enjoy it and take it all in slowly. Cheers!

5 comments:

Walden said...

Congrats! I spin on a spindle and am still slowly working my way through enough roving to be able to knit myself a pair of gloves from them.

Shawna said...

love these! i wouldn't want to walk around in them - the colors are so soft. great title for your blog post, too:o)

James said...

These are fantastic! I can't believe how beautiful and even your spinning is.

Emily said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love your photos. And gorgeous socks.