Friday, December 05, 2008

Spinning For Socks



I've been baaaaad. I spun more sock yarn. I couldn't help myself! I know, I know - I already have enough of that without having to make more. I hear ya! But... I just couldn't help myself.

JulieSpins had this roving and I saw it and had to have it and then I spun it and gave it as a gift and then I got more of the same roving and same colorway but a little different and then I spun that up and.... well, I fell in love. Plain and simple. Now I want to make socks out of it. Is that really so wrong?!

Fiber: SW Merino by JulieSpins in "Jungle" colorway (here's my other "Jungle" spin from her)
Detaisl: Approx. 334 yds. of two-ply in fingering weight yumminess.
Plans: Make socks with it and then wear them to the grave. Seriously.

9 comments:

Shawna said...

oh...you are so talented. that is so beautiful! i wish i could spin:o) you need to knit this up asap!;o)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous yarn - and it will make beautiful socks - can't wait to see them.

Emily said...

That is some gorgeous yarn. Can't wait to see the socks!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! Can't wait to see what socks you knit with it.

Anonymous said...

Great Spins you are a rockstar !! Oh, and BTW you are playing my wedding song:))))

Pixie said...

Woweee look at your spinning, and your lovely photos.. that yarn will make a great pair of socks.. will have to get your blog feed to keep watch.. hope you don't mind me following you from Ravelry ;)

Anonymous said...

Waaaahhh - me want. (Me want to spin like that too!)

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

This yarn is luscious! I can't wait to see the socks :-)